Potential Sources of Funds for Real Estate Investment
The type of fund raising one uses is a function of judging risk and one's individual credit rating. There are several options available.
- Using Existing Cash Reserves
- Using Existing Liquid Reserves (ie. Bonds and GICs)
- Utilizing any of the above as collatoral for a loan
- Using other types of assets such as stocks as collatoral
- Using the equity in an existing home/property
- Using existing Line of Credit
- Establishing a Line of Credit to draw from
- Using Credit Cards
- Using the Help of Family and/or Friends
A mortgage debt vehicle only applies if one intends to take title of the property; otherwise the structure will be that of a loan.
Most banks/lenders will honour the mortgage credit approval and rate for 4 months from application approval. If this time expires, the application must be re-submitted.
Some lenders even offer a "cash back" program for help with the down payment, or closing costs. This only applies when a formal mortgage is entered into with specific lenders.
There are other terms and conditions for qualification, please seek professional advise from a mortgage specialist. Or for more information